Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 birds and some bread

George's banana nut bread

(Inget för mamma kanske men vi andra kan ju tycka om...)


Named so because it is going to be given to George the neighbor who plowed us out yesterday. Since it was the first time I made it we had to taste it before handing it off...

1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/8 of a teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time. Sift the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Stir in mashed bananas and walnuts.

Pour into greased and breadcrumbed pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 325 degrees (162.778 degrees celsius to be exact). I did mine in a shallow baking pan and 1 hour was enough, if its made in a loaf pan it may need more time.

The birds are going crazy outside and I got snaps of two that I haven't caught before. This is ahmph... the tufted titmouse. I don't name em - I just shoot em. With a camera that is.


This is the red bellied wood pecker. Pretty lousy shot but it's a miracle I got this one. We think he belongs in London 1977 wearing Doc Martens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment