Friday, February 18, 2011

All hearts day

We celebrated Valentine's Day or as we call it in Sweden - All Hearts Day, on Sunday.


We treated ourselves to pink Bellinis with peach schnapps instead of the nectar. More fun that way.



And lox bennies with rosemary red potatoes. We all know how to make Hollandaise and that you need to grow a few more limbs to make it. The potatoes were tossed in olive oil and rosemary and roasted in the oven for about 45 minutes.

Writing this is actually torture since I'm on day 5 of a fast and all I want i s FOOOOOOOD. But I feel like a million gazillion bucks, I jump out of bed in the morning ready to go. I really hope I won't go back to my old coffee habits because feeling like this rules!



In case you didn't know, I kinda like this guy and I'm so lucky he's my Valentine! Skål James - here's to another however many years we've been together!

And so for a progress report...


Our very handsome bathroom floor.


The rest of the bathroom is coming together. Jake and Brian put the vanity in place yesterday and built out the shelves on the wall. We utilized a strange little cavity that was there anyway. The marble is ordered for the top of the vanity and we are very close to dropping the tub in place. 

I love this bathroom I love this bathroom! 

1 comment:

  1. Uj uj uj vad fint det blir! Längtar till nästa rapport! Här är det inte en tillstymmelse till vår. Massor av snö och väldigt kallt. Kanske kanske att solen värmer lite mer än i januari då den väl tittar fram men det är väl allt. Vi åker till Norrland och värmer oss istället. I Paddal behöver man aldrig gå med tjocka koftan. Idag linsgryta. Det var väldigt VÄLDIGT gott! Kram!

    ReplyDelete